Information Petredec May Collect From You
When you visit our web site, we may record your visit and will not collect any personally identifiable information (i.e. information that is associated with you as an individual) from you unless otherwise stated. We may also collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and other lawful purposes. Cookies used (if any) in any part of our web site will not be deployed for collecting personally identifiable information. You may at any time refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our site
All personal data (if any) you provide to us is secured on our web site with restricted access by authorized personnel only. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. You acknowledge and understand that the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure.
Use of Personally Identifiable Information Collected
By using our web site, you agree that your personal data provided by you may be used and retained by us for the following purposes and for other purposes as shall be agreed between you and us or required by law from time to time:
- Ensuring that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner to you;
- Processing your enquiries and feedback;
- Providing you with information that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- Providing contacts and business details in response to enquiries and complaints;
- Enabling us to comply with our obligations arising from any contracts or following industry practices;
- To notify you about our services.
We retain records of your dealings with us for the above purposes. Our general policy is to retain the information as long as the data is still required for the purposes mentioned above.
Disclosure and Sharing of Information
Normally, we may share your information within Petredec’s group of companies, or transfer it to their respective subsidiaries and affiliated companies and any company in which the same has an interest
You further agree that we may disclose and transfer to our agents, contractors, any telecommunications operators, any third party collection agencies, any credit reference agencies, any security agencies, any credit providers, banks, financial institutions, any other persons under a duty of confidentiality to us, any company within Petredec Group and any of our actual or proposed assignees or transferees of our rights with respect to you to use, disclose, hold, process, retain or transfer such personal data for the purposes mentioned above.
Access to and Correction of Information
Under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, you have the right to:
- check whether we hold any of your personal data;
- access your personal data held by us;
- require us to correct any personal data which is inaccurate;
- ascertain our policies and practices (from time to time) in relation to personal data and the types of personal data held by us.